Saturday, May 2, 2009

Bid 4 A Cure in June 2009


Today I'm going to emphasize the Bid 4 A Cure Charity events we will be holding in June in support of Diabetes Research. Below is an Introduction Note from Jocelyn Sands about this year's focus. [note the above Poster is of my RL/SL sis who has Type II Diabetes and is our "Poster Child" for this year]



Dear Friend,


I am writing to you to let you know about Bid4aCure. This charity event, scheduled for the month of June 2009, raises money in Second Life for Diabetes Research, splitting all proceeds evenly between two members of the International Diabetes Federation. This drive is in its third year and for all years I have been in close contact with both DiabetesUK and the American Diabetes Association. All funds are accounted for and receipts are available both on my website and on the Bid4aCure site.


This year, I welcome into the leadership, Mackenzie Rasmuson of Friendly Fire and Argus Collingwood. Both are very capable people, who will help me manage and organize our event. We have a team of people working closely with us, helping to draw in support from around Second Life. It is this reason that I am writing to you.


We need your help. We need people in SL Media to help us publicize this cause, also sim, store and club owners to host the donation kiosks, and people to participate by offering themselves for our date auction.


I appreciate your time and look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,Jocelyn Sands

http://www.jocelynsands.com/ (click on the charity link)http://www.bid4acure.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment